Home Remedy For Fever Blisters
Get Rid Of Fever Blisters
Fever blisters, generally known as cold sores, originate from the herpes simplex type 1 virus. An outbreak usually occurs on or around the mouth and typically heals within 2-3 weeks.
Fever blisters could be a lifelong irritant, because the virus remains dormant in your body through
out your health. Outbreaks could be triggered by stress, overexposure to sunlight, hormonal changes, trauma towards the skin, or perhaps a weakened body’s defense mechanisms.
Fever blisters are painful, associated with tingling and burning sensations in conjunction with swelling and inflammation.
They appear like a cluster of small, white blisters and typically manifest for a passing fancy spot or area whenever genital herpes gets activated. Getting fever blisters is usually a real pain and may even spoil your beauty.
There a wide range of over-the-counter medicines for fever blisters, however are not always effective which enable it to take a considerable amount of time. Instead, you can search some simple, do-it-yourself solutions that can help provide relief in a mere four to five days.
For greatest results, start using these remedies once you notice the initial tingling sensation. It will help slow up the duration and seriousness of an outbreak.
Here are home remedy for fever blisters
1. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil can easily and effectively treat fever blisters due to the antiviral properties.
· Dilute tea tree oil by combining one part oil and three parts water. Using a cotton wool ball, apply the diluted tea tree oil for the affected area 3 times a day.
Within a day or two, the fever blister should heal completely.
Alternatively, mix equal numbers of tea tree oil and essential olive oil. Add a bit of eucalyptus oil. Apply this solution within the blister 3 times daily for four or five days.
2. Whole Milk
Another quite easy treatment for fever blisters is dairy. Whole milk contains immunoglobulins and calcium, that help fight the herpes virus that causes fever blisters. Plus, it provides a type of fat generally known as monocaprin with antiviral properties.
Milk will also help accelerate the process of recovery.
· Soak a cotton wool ball in cold dairy and apply the milk within the affected area. Leave it on approximately 10 minutes. The cold milk will lessen the pain along with soothe the tingling sensation. Do this several times per day for three or four days.
· Also, drink a glass of warm use with one teaspoon of turmeric inside two times each day for a week. Turmeric will help limit the pain connected with fever blisters.
3. Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is really a natural disinfection so because of this very effective in killing bacteria which will infect the fever blisters.
The herpes virus which causes fever blisters thrive in moist, warm environments; using peroxide will keep the involved area dry and freed from moisture.
· Dip a cotton swab in 3% bleach solution and dab it in the blisters. Leave it on for any few minutes and after that rinse the vicinity with a wet washcloth and pat dry. Repeat this remedy three to four times per day for 2-3 days.
· Alternatively, come up with a paste of two crushed aspirins then one teaspoon of 3% peroxide. Apply the paste about the affected area using a cotton swab. Leave it on for just few minutes. Clean the region with lukewarm water. Do this once daily for not greater than two days.
Cold compresses can alleviate pain significantly, as well as limit the swelling and redness linked to fever blisters. It will also stay away from the condition from spreading.
1. Wrap some ice cubes inside a washcloth.
2. Place it over the area affected for 10-15 minutes.
3. Repeat this every 3 or 4 hours.
4. After each session, apply a thick layer of lemon balm ointment towards the area.
This remedy is most effective when used when you feel the initial tenderness or possibly a tingling sensation on the lip, which in turn happens throughout the first few hours or even a couple of days prior to the blisters develop.
This is among one of those ingredients which you can depend on when you want to lose fever blisters at the earliest opportunity. Garlic has enzymes that actually work as antiviral agents which help treat fever blisters. Plus, its antibacterial properties will assist disinfect the vicinity and decrease the healing time.
1. Gently crush few garlic cloves to create a paste.
2. Apply it for your fever blisters.
3. Leave it on for 10-15 minutes.
4. Repeat the process 3 times a day for 2 days.
Warning: Be aware that Garlic is potent and might sting a little bit when applied.
Licorice has a active ingredient called glycyrrhizin containing antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties that produce this herb an effective cure for fever blisters. It will minimize redness and swelling and as well speed up the recovery process.
· Make a thick paste of merely one tablespoon of licorice root powder the other-half teaspoon of water. Dab the paste for the affected area having a cotton swab. Leave it on for just a few hours. Reapply it 3-4 times every day for several days before the blisters heal completely.
· You may also drink licorice root tea or take supplements to quicken the recovery process.
Note: Those who have blood pressure levels should avoid licorice remedies.
7. Tea Bags
Tea contains tannic acid, an astringent which has antiviral properties and hence may be used to remove fever blisters quickly. Also, tea has lots of vitamins and antioxidants that might help heal the blisters.
1. Place a tea bag (black or green tea) within a cup of boiling water for example minute.
2. Remove the tea bag and permit it to cool down.
3. Now press the tea bag about the affected area to get a few minutes.
4. Repeat this five to six times each day for three or four days.
This remedy provides you with instant respite from pain and discomfort.
Toothpaste contains ingredients like baking soda, bleach, alcohol and menthol which can help dry out blisters quickly. Plus, it offers sodium lauryl sulfate which will help reduce the sized the blisters in mere one or 48 hrs.
· Apply a bit of white toothpaste about the affected area. Leave it on overnight, or at least for 2 hours. Wash it off having a damp washcloth after which apply petroleum jelly. Follow this remedy once daily before blisters heal completely.
· Mix one teaspoon of white toothpaste and another-half tablespoon of salt. Using a cotton wool ball, apply the paste around the fever blisters before heading to bed. Leave it on overnight and rinse them back with lukewarm water your next morning. Repeat daily when needed.
Note: For treating fever blisters, use white toothpaste. Do not use whitening, gel, or colored toothpastes.
9. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is another very efficient way to treat fever blisters fast. It has restorative powers and antibacterial properties that really help disinfect the infected area. Plus, this herb is known to quicken healing plus reduce pain and inflammation.
1. Cut a natural aloe vera leaf to extract the gel.
2. Apply the gel for the affected area together with your fingertips. Allow it to dry naturally.
3. Then clean the spot with lukewarm water and pat dry using a soft towel.
4. Repeat this process several times per day for about 3 or 4 days.
This remedy can keep the infected area clean and soft so the skin doesn’t split open, which often can cause further infection.
Yogurt contains lysine that fights the herpes simplex virus that causes fever blisters. It even plays a crucial role in preventing the herpes simplex virus from becoming active. You can make an egg and yogurt facial mask to assuage and heal the blisters.
1. Mix one egg, a cup of yogurt then one tablespoon of honey to make a thick paste.
2. Apply the paste within the fever blisters using a cotton wool pad.
3. Leave it on for a half-hour, then rinse them back with lukewarm water.
4. Repeat the procedure once daily when necessary.
Also, try to eat a single serving of yogurt two or 3 x a day to lose fever blisters quickly.
Be careful to not touch the fever blisters, and make certain to wash both your hands regularly so you do not spread herpes.
Fever blisters are contagious, so it will be highly recommended never to share lip gloss, drinks or food with other people while you are getting an outbreak.