While shaving is surely an affordable and good way to remove unwanted hair, it might have a major drawback: razor burn.
A razor burn serves as a a skin irritation you do soon after a place has been shaved. It leads to a burning sensation and may appear as being a red rash. At times, it might be itchy and swollen, too. We need to know how to soothe razor burn.
Razor burn is often associated with men who shave their faces frequently. Women may also have razor burn after shaving their legs and armpits.
There are several factors behind razor burn, for example using a dull blade, by using a hard soap, shaving dry, unconditioned skin and merely having sensitive skin.
Razor burn could potentially cause a lot of discomfort. Fortunately, you may get rid of it quickly using natural homeopathic treatments.
How Do You Get Rid Of Razor Burn
While shaving is surely an affordable and magic formula to remove unwanted hair, it may have a major drawback: razor burn. A razor burn can be explained as a skin irritation that takes place soon after a space has been shaved. It creates a burning sensation and will appear to be a red rash. At times, it could be itchy and swollen, too.
Razor burn is often associated with men who shave their faces frequently. Women may have razor burn after shaving their legs and armpits.
There are several factors behind razor burn, for instance using a dull blade, utilizing a hard soap, shaving dry, unconditioned skin and merely having sensitive skin.
Razor burn may cause a lot of discomfort. Fortunately, you will get rid of it quickly using natural homeopathic treatments.
Here will be the top 10 ways of how to soothe razor burn.
1. Cold Compress
A cold compress is definitely a effective and straightforward way to get instant getting rid of the burning sensation due to razor burns. It soothes the area and may reduce inflammation. Plus, it may help reduce redness and itching, in addition to prevent razor bumps from forming.
· Wrap a couple of ice cubes inside a thin towel. Simply put the towel about the affected area for some minutes.
· Alternatively, you are able to soak a cloth in cold water make it within the affected area for several minutes.
Repeat either of those treatments many times a day when needed.
To prevent razor burn, try splashing with cold water on the skin immediately after shaving.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Razor burns is treatable quickly with apple cider vinegar treatment. Its anti-inflammatory properties work to relieve inflammation along with the itching sensation. Plus, the acetic acid in using apple cider vinegar helps prevent infection.
1. Dab a cotton ball in using apple cider vinegar and apply it about the affected area.
2. Allow it to air dry, then wash it with water.
3. Do this several times each day until the burning sensation stops.
Note: Those who have sensitive skin must dilute apple cider vinegar treatment with water before applying it.
Aspirin is yet another easy and simple way to get eliminate razor burn quickly. The anti-inflammatory property of aspirin provides help in cutting redness and inflammation.
1. Put two aspirins in a single teaspoon of domestic hot water.
2. Let it sit for a while, until it becomes a paste.
3. Rub the paste for the affected skin.
4. Leave it on for ten minutes, and wash it well with lukewarm water.
5. Use this easy treatment twice daily to get gone the discomfort. It will also help you get eliminate razor bumps.
Note: Those with highly sensitive skin should avoid using this remedy.
4. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera can be another great selection for soothing razor burn. The soothing in addition to cooling nature of natural aloe vera will give you instant respite from the burning sensation and inflammation. Also, aloe will keep your skin moisturized, which quickens the process of recovery.
1. Extract fresh natural aloe vera gel from an natural aloe vera leaf.
2. Rub the gel about the affected skin.
3. Allow it to dry naturally, then rinse rid of it with cold water.
4. Follow this treatment 2 or 3 times daily for a few to three days.
5. Black Tea
The black tea bags that you to make a cup of tea could also help get eliminate razor burn. The tannic acid in tea assists in easing redness and inflammation.
1. Moisten a black tea bag in hot water.
2. Allow the tea bag to cool down or said in the refrigerator for five to 10-20 minutes.
3. Rub the cool tea bag over the involved area for two to 3 minutes.
4. Repeat many times daily as required.
Known due to its antibacterial properties, honey could also be used to deal with razor burn quickly. It can reduce swelling and inflammation, in addition to keep your skin moisturized. Plus, honey can prevent the spot from becoming infected.
· Apply some honey directly within the irritated skin. Allow it to air dry and rinse it with cold water.
· Alternatively, you may mix together one-half teaspoon of honey and one-tablespoon of plain yogurt. Apply this mixture for the affected area, allow it sit for a quarter-hour, then rinse it well with lukewarm water.
Use either of such treatments 3 to 4 times every day for as long when necessary.
7. Baking Soda
Another old-fashioned home treatment solution of how to soothe razor burn is baking soda. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, baking soda includes a soothing effect within the skin. Plus, it assists relieve itching and reduces redness.
1. Mix one tablespoon of baking soda in a cup of water.
2. Soak a cotton ball with this solution and apply it around the affected skin.
3. Leave it on around five minutes, then rinse with cool water.
4. Repeat 2 or 3 times daily if required.
The hydrating and anti-inflammatory properties of cucumber help handle razor burn symptoms quickly. Plus, cucumber contains vitamins C and K, two important ingredients for relieving pain and itchiness.
· Slice a brand new cucumber and hang up the slices inside refrigerator for half an hour. Rub the cool cucumber slices gently about the razor burn for 10-20 minutes at a time. Repeat at regular intervals before skin heals.
· Alternatively, puree half a cucumber and combine it with one-quarter cup of milk. Put the mixture from the refrigerator for cooling. Apply it within the affected area. Leave it on for about ten minutes, then rinse rid of it with tepid to warm water. Use botox injections twice daily for 2 days.
9. Tea Tree Oil
Being full of antibacterial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, tea tree oil is yet another good option for getting lessen razor burn quickly.
· Add five drops of tea tree oil to two tablespoons of water. Apply this diluted solution around the affected skin. Leave it on for ten minutes, and after that rinse with lukewarm water. Do this twice daily when necessary.
· Alternatively, you are able to add several drops of tea tree oil to just one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, apply it about the irritated skin leaving it on for 10 to quarter-hour before rinsing rid of it.
The soothing and anti-inflammatory properties of oatmeal may help alleviate inflammation and skin irritation to lessen the discomfort of razor burn.
1. Mix equal numbers of finely ground oatmeal and plain yogurt, then add a little honey.
2. Apply this mixture within the affected area.
3. Leave it on around 30 minutes, then rinse them back with lukewarm water.
4. Use botox injections once or twice daily for just two to three days.
As prevention is preferable to a cure, seek to shave after taking your bath or shower, employ a good quality shaving cream and follow proper shaving technique.