Do you frequently have to scratch your itchy scalp? This can be embarrassing in public areas, and result in a lot of discomfort and in many cases hair loss.
Some of the very common causes are dandruff, dry scalp, sebaceous cysts, excessive anxiety, poor hairdressing, fungus and viral infections, and poor diet.
There are numerous ways you’ll be able to treat an itchy scalp without spending a wide range of money. You can use some common kitchen ingredients to deal with itchy scalp.
Natural Remedies For Itchy Scalp
Here are a few natural remedies for itchy scalp.
1. Tea Tree Oil
Use Tea Tree Oil to Get Relief from Itchy Scalp
Tea tree oil, using its powerful natural anti fungal, anti-inflammation and antibacterial properties, can be used to deal with itchy scalp. You can use tea tree oil in a variety of ways, as an example:
· You can also add 10 to 20 drops of tea tree oil to one-half cup of baby shampoo and employ it daily till the condition of your respective scalp improves.
· Another choices to dilute 2 or 3 drops of tea tree oil in a single tablespoon of vegetable oil and massage the amalgamation onto your scalp. With regular use, this remedy will heal a dry, itchy scalp inside of a week or two.
2. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice will assist treat an itchy and dry scalp simply because of its antiseptic properties. It is particularly useful when confronted with dandruff.
· You can merely apply fresh freshly squeezed lemon juice thoroughly around the scalp. Leave it on for 5 minutes and then shampoo the hair. If you do not have dandruff, dilute the fresh lemon juice in water.
· Alternately, you may mix freshly squeezed lemon juice with yogurt and use it on your scalp for a couple minutes before washing the hair with a mild shampoo. Repeat a minimum of daily until itchiness and dryness disappears.
3. Baking Soda
Another easily accessible ingredient that can relieve an itchy scalp is baking soda. It helps relieve itching by exfoliating the scalp and controlling dandruff attributable to overactive fungi.
· Make a paste with baking soda and water and use it directly on your scalp. For ideal results, rub some olive oil in your scalp before applying the baking soda paste.
· Allow it to soak to your scalp for ten or fifteen minutes after which rinse well with water.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has powerful anti-inflammation properties that will help kill the yeast and virus that can induce itchy scalp. Also, using apple cider vinegar balances the pH amount scalp, that might help relieve itching and dryness.
· Rinse hair and scalp with water and enable it to dry.
· Mix equal amounts of using apple cider vinegar and water and pour a combination into a spray bottle. Apply this mixture directly to your scalp with the aid of cotton balls. Spray it on the scalp.
· After couple of minutes, shampoo with standard water.
Follow this remedy a few times a week.
5. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera gel contains moisturizing properties, which could relieve excessive dryness and itching. If fresh natural aloe vera gel isn’t available, you are able to purchase the gel.
· Spread some fresh natural aloe-vera gel on to your scalp with your fingers.
· Allow it to take a seat for 10 or 15 minutes and wash hair with a mild shampoo.
6. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil generates a barrier that assists keep skin moisturized and as such it is an effective way to deal with an itchy scalp.
· Rub somewhat coconut oil into the scalp after washing the hair your scalp when it’s clean. Leave it on for at the very least half an hour after which wash it out using a perfume-free shampoo. Follow this easy remedy three times weekly.
· Another choices are to gently heat coconut oil then it melts, combine it with your shampoo before washing nice hair.
If you want to eat bananas, you will be thankful to know that it could also be used to take care of an itchy scalp. Bananas will treat your itchy scalp while conditioning nice hair. The nourishing and moisturizing properties in bananas may also reduce flakes, dandruff and inflammation.
· Simply mash two bananas and mix them along with one ripe avocado.
· Apply this mixture for your scalp (and the hair if you want).
· Allow it to take a seat for half an hour and after that rinse thoroughly.
8. Sesame Seed Oil
Sesame oil is extremely nourishing, healing and lubricating, turning it into an effective treatment to get a dry scalp and provide relief from itchiness.
· Heat some sesame oil to warm it slightly.
· Massage your scalp with all the warm oil before you go to bed nightly. For greatest results, massage the scalp together with your fingertips for no less than 10 minutes, wrap your mind in a hot towel leave it on for around 10 minutes before heading to bed. When this oil remains around the scalp forever, it offers a superior optimum moisturizing.
· Shampoo and rinse your scalp and hair thoroughly every day. Continue laser hair removal as long as necessary.
9. Witch Hazel
Witch Hazel is often a natural astringent that will help relieve itchy scalp. This herb is effective when you have an itchy scalp because of hair coloring and daily blow drying.
· Mix one part witch hazel with two parts water.
· Pour the amalgamation onto your scalp and massage thoroughly. Let it sit for a couple of minutes.
· Wash and rinse flowing hair and scalp thoroughly.
10. Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil is really a great natural moisturizing treatment to alleviate a dry and itchy scalp. The molecular structure of jojoba oil is nearest to that of our very own natural oil or sebum, rendering it a very effective rejuvenating and hydrating treatment.
· Massage a bit of jojoba oil on your scalp for a couple minutes before you go to bed. Leave it on overnight.
· In the morning, wash nice hair with a mild shampoo.
Repeat this remedy once each week.
For the best results with any one of these remedies, follow them without fail for quite a while to completely treat the challenge.